Boredom Buster - Fika Tote Bag - Bag Kit - Fabric Only
Fika is a Swedish word, meaning ‘to have coffee’. The classic clean lines of this mid-sized tote give a nod to my Scandinavian heritage. The Fika Tote has plenty of features you’ll love, like front pockets, a back lapped zipper pocket, recessed zipper closure and padded pockets. Take this tote on your next visit with friends!
- two front pockets for things you need to keep close at hand
- back lapped zippered pocket
- optional recessed zipper (it’s optional, but I know you’ll love it!)
- makes a great work or student bag, padded interior pockets can accommodate most laptop sizes
Skill Level: Intermediate (this is a fairly straightforward sew, but due to the number of pieces and size of the tote I classify this pattern as Intermediate) an adventurous Advanced Beginner could also tackle this project – just takes a bit of organization
+ Approx. Finished Dimensions: 17” wide, 15” tall, 5” deep
- 1 yard Exterior Fabric
- 1/2 yard Accent Fabric
- 2 yards Lining Fabric (includes interior pockets)
(1) 18”-20” zipper (closed-ended or separating) for recessed zip closure
(1) 30” handbag (head-to-head or single pull) zipper for back exterior pocket (will be shortened)
- Pattern is included for free.
- 3 yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20”-wide)
- 3/4 yard Foam Stabilizer (byAnnie’s Soft & Stable (58”-wide) or 2 yards Pellon Foam Flex (20”-wide) or 1 yard Pellon 987f fusible fleece (44”-wide)